This policy is in effect from October 1, 2019, to December 31, 2022, and may be modified or rescinded at any time by the Lyon County Board of Commissioners.
Any person or entity who constructs a new commercial building or a building addition that meets all criteria, is granted a tax abatement by the applicable city or township, and who files a complete application to seek formal approval from Lyon County between October 1, 2019, and December 31, 2022, may be eligible to receive a tax abatement of the County’s share of increased real estate taxes as a result of the building construction and/or addition, for a period of four (4) years provided all of the above and the following additional criteria are met:
- Property is located within Lyon County and zoned and permitted properly for the proposed development project.
- The applicant has not and will not receive other local public financial assistance (tax increment financing/TIF, Workforce Housing, Small Cities Development Program), however, this program will coordinate with other local government tax abatement programs.
- Project is built to building codes adopted at the time building permit is obtained.
- Property taxes are current and paid on time and in full.
- Program approval is obtained for construction beginning after January 2, 2019.