Minnesota Statewide Resources
Minnesota State VINELink
- VINELink is a free online resource that allows you to search for custody status information regarding an offender and register to receive notification of the offender's release from a county jail or detention facility. You can register for release notification either through this website or through the VINE telephone number above.
- Special notice regarding offenders in a Minnesota Department of Corrections Facility:
- Currently, a search for DOC inmates can be done through VINELink, however, a request for notification must be done through Minnesota CHOICE.
- Under Minnesota law, victims of offenders in a Department of Corrections (DOC) facility have additional rights to notification and information; including notice of conditions of release, additional notification related to released predatory offenders, notification of transfers to a less secure facility, and, if the offender re-enters a facility, that offender's subsequent release. Receiving this information and notifications is not automatic: victims must make a request to the DOC.
- Victims of DOC offenders who would like to request notification of release, as well as the other notices and information they are entitled to, may submit their request through Minnesota CHOICE or contact the DOC Victim Assistance Program.