Lyon County operates a Geographic Information System (GIS) to provide current and accurate geospatial (map) information to County departments, the general public and other entities. We seek to ensure that Lyon County residents and decision makers have access to geographic information that is complete, timely, accurate, and reliable. We promote the use of GIS and related technologies to more effectively and efficiently address problems, develop plans, and manage the natural, cultural, economic, and infrastructure resources of the county. Lyon County is implementing GIS to streamline county operations and to make County data and records available to the citizens of Lyon County.
GIS Department Responsibilities:
- Maintain and create geospatial information
- Maintain Lyon County Parcel data
- Rural Address assignment and E9-1-1 System maintenance
- Maintain GIS Interactive Mapping Sites
- Hard Copy map production
- Platbook creation and maintenance