Payable Citation/Method of Payment
To find out if your citation is payable without a court appearance, how much to pay, or to pay your fine, or provide proof of insurance prior to payment, choose one of the following methods:
• Online: Using MasterCard or Visa, access www.mncourts.gov/fines. Have your citation number available. A convenience fee will apply.
• By Phone: Using MasterCard or Visa, call 651-281-3219 in the metro or 1-800-657-3611 outside of the metro area. Have your citation number available. Disponible por teléfono en Español. A convenience fee will apply.
• By Mail: Check or Money Order payable to Court Administration. Send to: Minnesota Court Payment Center, PO Box 898, Willmar, MN 56201. Include a copy of your citation or indicate the citation number on the check or money order.
• Fax: Provide proof of insurance, prior to making a payment. Proof of insurance may be faxed to the Minnesota Court Payment Center at 320-231-6507.
You have the right to appear in court. Please refer to the front of this citation. If a court date is noted, you must either pay your fine by this date or you may choose to appear in court on the date, time and at the location indicated. If no court date is noted, you must pay the amount owed or you may schedule an appearance within 30 days from the date this citation was issued. To make a payment or schedule an appearance call: 651-281-3219 in the metro area or 1-800-657-3611 outside of the metro area. Please allow 10 business days (from the date you receive your citation) for processing before calling.
BY PAYING THIS FINE(S), YOU ARE ENTERING A PLEA OF GUILTY to this offense(s) and voluntarily waive your rights to the following: (Minn. R. Crim. P. 23.03)
1. To a court trial, if the offense is a petty misdemeanor, or a court or jury trial for all other offenses;
2. To be represented by counsel;
3. To be presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt;
4. To confront and cross examine all witnesses; and
5. To either remain silent or to testify on your own behalf.
A guilty plea will result in a conviction. If convicted, you must pay a state imposed surcharge under Minn. Stat. § 357.021, subd. 6. The current amount of the required surcharge is $12 for parking-related offenses and $75 for all other offenses, and an additional $1 for citations issued in Ramsey County (Minn. Stat. § 169.99). Additionally, a law library fee will be owed. These surcharges and fees are included in the total payable amount provided to you by phone or web.
Under Minn. Stat. § 480.15, subd. 10c, unpaid fines may be referred for collections. You have the right to contest the referral.
Issuance of a worthless check to the court is a crime, and you will be subject to civil and criminal penalties. In addition, a charge of up to $30 will be assessed on all returned checks (Minn. Stat. § 604.113, subd. 2).
Other important notices regarding your rights can be found on the Minnesota Judicial Branch website at: www.mncourts.gov/fines